Sunday, June 24, 2012

Skydreamer Eats: My Italian Breakfast

After my Italian dinner, I decided to make a couple of Italian dishes for breakfast. I made caprese salad and veggie pizza.

For my caprese, I used one tomato, mozarella cheese, pepper, olive oil and parsley (because I had no supply of basil).
Verdict: It was not as good as I thought it would be so I added a little bit of Deli dressing to help blend the different flavors and it did the trick! It tasted fresh, zesty and herby.

Since I was still hungry, I made "pizza" using pita bread. I topped it with tomato sauce, tomatoes, black pitted olives and mozarella cheese.
Verdict: it was, in my own opinion, perfect for me. I know my husband wouldn't have tasted it because it was too simple and had no meat. But that's exactly why I loved it. The flavors blended well together for my palette.

Here are the pictures:
Pita Bread with tomato, olives and mozzarella
Homemade Caprese