Monday, July 15, 2013

Skydreamer Dines in Cebu: Pizzeria Michelangelo

Once in a while, you "discover" a place and fall in love with it. This happened to us with Pizzeria Michelangelo. Oh, I know a lot of Cebuanos have declared their love for this homey Italian place and this is definitely not a secret place, but its charm and warm good food seduced us and convinced us that this is our new go-to place.

We woke up late Saturday afternoon with hungry stomachs and huge appetites for food. Without changing into anything nicer, we went out in our house clothes - shorts, shirts and flip flops. We headed to Escario Central with no particular restaurant in mind. We figured that if we couldn't find a place to eat, there's always Mcdonald's nearby.

We first checked Cafe Sarree because I heard a lot of good things about this place, but right beside it was Pizzeria Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano. A quick glance at their simple menu, and specially their prices hooked us in.

Here are the dishes we ordered:

gnochhi al tartufo at www.diningincebu.blogspot.com
Gnochhi Al Tartufo - P320 - OUR FAVORITE!
(Black Italian Truffle Sauce, Cream, Cheese)

robertino pizza at www.diningincebu.blogspot.com
Robertino Pizza - P360 (15")
Tomato, Mozzarella, Farmer's Ham, Bacon Strips,
 Egg, Arugula, Parmesan Cheese
Alla Carbonese at www.diningincebu.blogspot.com
Alla Carbonese - P260
Bolognese + Carbonara
*Please take note that prices are subject to change. The prices also exclude a 10% service charge.

Gnocchi - We loved the black Italian truffle sauce, but didn't really like the gnocchi as it was too chewy for me.
Robertino - Sometimes, arugula tends to be a bit spicy, and I don't like that variety. The ones they used were perfectly nutty and did not have a hint of spiciness. Love!
Alla Carbonese - Pasta was al dente, and they used fresh parmesan. We thought it was a little bit too salty for our taste, though. But that's just us.

Oh, and one more thing, the servings were HUGE! Pasta servings are good for 2-3 Filipino people with normal appetites. The pizza is a whooping fifteen inches for a little over P300. How crazy is that?
If there's one thing I think they should invest on - a couple of high chairs for children. We weren't the only family with a kid there and the nannies had to keep on holding to the wee ones.

Here are some more random pictures:

pizzeria michelangelo at escario central
The place - LOVE at first sight!

The food - LOVE at first bite!

Reasonable prices? Check
Awesome food? Yep
Great customer service? You bet!
Should you check it out? Go, now! xx

*Update*
My husband went back to buy gnocchi al tartufo and alla carbonese to go. The attendants were very friendly and gave him lots of extra focaccia. When I ate their gnocchi at home, I noticed that it was very soft and buttery and not as chewy as the first time we tried it - great job! :D

15 comments:

  1. Is this Michaelangelo same as the one near Ma Luisa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same, yes. This is their "new" branch. They opened in Escario back in January. xx

      Delete
    2. Ah! They do have good food :-)

      Delete
  2. Waw lami! Is this the same place where Zubuchon is? Hehe. I like the pizza! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rei. Same place. Na amaze ko kay affordable. Mas mahal pa gud ang Zubuchon if adto mi kapunta haha. xx

      Delete
    2. oh i went to zubuchon last last year, (matagal na pala) ^^ sobrang we enjoyed eating in that place :) the best lechon talaga is in cebu.

      this place seems nice, and its not very expensive esp since the portion of the food is big :D wish we have it here in manila ^^

      Delete
  3. hello, I just read your question about the Hot Rollers/ Hair setter. Unfortunately it is hard to find one here in Cebu. I think I saw revlon hot rollers sold for 2K-3K, it's too expensive if bought locally. It is much cheaper if you buy one from the US.

    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hollie, that's what I figured too. Too bad, mahal dri. Oh well, maybe in the future naa nya ang Watson's ana. Hehe. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi, this is Massimo La Magna, General Manager and Italian Chef at Pizzeria Michelangelo. Thank you very much for the nice review! We are trying our best to bring some taste of my country in Cebu maintaining affordable prices! I am in Italy now, but i hope next time you will come in my place I am there so we can have a talk and I can let you taste something special. Grazie e ciao! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :D
      There will definitely be more visits from us. We have relatives flying in this month and we're taking them to Michelangelo right away. xx

      Delete
  5. I just drooled and that Gnocchi Al Tartufo is my love at first sight! Gnocchi is one of my favorite things. Everything looks delicious, Shee! And great review :D even the manager also thought so! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I can officially say that I am a monk. I didn't know this place existed and my husband and I are pizza/pasta lovers, we rely too heavily on Alberto's Delivery LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea it was there too. Until last week . Lol. :D

      Delete

Your thoughts? :)