Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Squash Pie and Banana Bread

I fairly know a lot of people in the office because my job is to train new employees about our client's policies and procedures, and the expected behavior of these employees after training. One of the sweetest people in the office, Michelle Quirante, my former new hire trainee, recently gave me a couple of sweets to try.

The first one is Squash Pie, which is called Pumpkin Pie by some although it's definitely not pumpkin pie. The former is more orange in color (see picture below), while a pumpkin pie made with pumpkin puree is more brownish in color. Anyway, so I brought the pie at home and shared it with my family and it was a huge hit! It was hard to believe that the pie we were eating was a vegetable. It tasted sweet and creamy -- actually, it tasted more like the sweet toppings of cassava cake. Michelle told me that an order of one pie costs P90. If you want to try this unique treat, send her a message.

The next sweet treat is her banana bread. It was crumbly and crisp on the outside, while moist and chewy on the inside - just perfect. It wasn't too sweet and it balances perfectly well with a glass of cold milk. An order of one banana loaf bread costs P50. 

The prices are unbelievably low. Give it a try and let me know what you think! :)



squash pie - YUM!


Banana bread
You can order through Michelle/Miqui's Facebook page.