Saturday, March 16, 2013

Skydreamer Eats: Homemade Tomato Soup

One of the things I love about blogging is reading other people's blogs and learning a lot of new things. One of the blogs that I used to read a lot, is Erica Paredes' blog, Gourmet Kitschen. She's Jim Paredes' (APO Hiking Society) daughter and she's mean and adventurous when it comes to food, and I'm just really sad that she has stopped blogging.

One of things that got my attention was her tomato soup recipe. It's so easy and affordable yet so hearty and filling!

So here's my take on her tomato soup recipe with a little tweak:

You will need the following:
5 garlic cloves
1 tsp Dried Thyme (I'm using McCormick)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (Marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 slice of bread
100 ML All Purpose Cream
a handful of basil
shredded parmesan
salt and pepper

First, you would want to saute your garlic cloves, thyme and Italian seasoning in 1tbsp of olive oil.

Once fragrant, add your can of stewed tomatoes and let it simmer. Then, add 1 slice of bread ripped in small pieces to thicken the soup. Add 100 ML all purpose cream and parmesan cheese. Let it simmer again, then add basil.

You may want to add salt and/or pepper to taste.

I guarantee you that it tastes really really amazing! Try it and let me know what you think! :)


easy-tomato-soup-recipe
Tomato soup with shredded parmesan cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? :)