Thursday, July 2, 2009


Confessions of a WanderLust





I love to travel. Going places, visiting tourist spots, bumming in a world where no one knows you, it's amazing! I have not been to a lot of places, but I do try to go to a new place at least once a year (heck, I'd go to a new place every quarter of the year if I could afford it!)




Baguio and Metro Manila:
I went to Baguio with choice friends some 3 years ago or so...Had a blast with Michelle, Dave, and Les. Until now, I don't know where we got the energy to go around Baguio the night arrived there considering we all had to work for 8 hours before catching up with our flight, and had a 6-hour or so bus ride going to Baguio. But we did go out, and we weren't tired then, mind you. We ate at local restaurants, and went to all the crazy places.



Palawan:
A few months after that, I went to Palawan with the same group. This is different. There was no retail therapy anywhere, but their seafood was beyond delicious! Their shrimps, crabs, fish...the beach! Oh, the beach and their caves. The people, the staff of the travel agency...Everything was beautiful, and everyone was amazing. A lot of history in that place, but I can't seem to remember all of it, haha..

Fast forward to later, I met my hubby (my boyfriend then --duh!--) and everything changed. Suddenly, my life is all about him. I still see my friends, but not as often as I did before. I don't mind though. He is everything to me. He is now my travel buddy, and traveling with him is easily 10 times cooler!

Here are the places that hubby and I have traveled together:

Bohol:
Bohol, Bohol, Bohol. I just can't say it enough. Gorgeous place, lots of tourist spots, powdery white sand beaches, and it has a mall! I love the food in Bohol, but did not enjoy it as much as I did in Palawan. Bohol is hubby's favorite place, so there. Enough said.


Bantayan Island:
This was almost a retreat for us. Shortly a month after Baby Elle died, we needed to get out and revive ourselves. We needed to get away from everyone, and just be connected with nature. Plust the fact that it's famous for its white sand beaches doesn't hurt...


Cotabato City and General Santos City
This place isn't new to hubby as he's from Cotabato City, but totally novel to me. I was imagining all sorts of military visibility and warcraft. And these places did not disappoint. Needless to say, both cities are beautiful, but I'm just not comfortable living there. Can't catch up on my zzzzzs peacefully there.


Metro Manila (again)
Intramuros, Casa Manila, Greenhills, Quiapo church, Tomas Morato strip, Mall of Asia, Science and Discovery Centre, Luneta Park, Ocean Park, Star City. All the cheesy places couples go when they are in Manila, and more.


Next stop?...I want to go to Manila again (for Enchanted Kingdom, Montalban Zoo, Zoobic Safari and Ocean Adventure) and Camiguin, but hubby wants to fly out to Hong Kong or Singapore instead. We'll see, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? :)