Monday, January 10, 2011

Movie Review: Love and Other Drugs



I have just seen the movie Love and Other Drugs, and it wasn't exactly what I expected. Again, trailers and movie posters can be so deceiving. What I thought was another nonsense comedic movie proved me wrong. It tackled a lot of serious issues of having Parkinson's and loving someone who has that disease.

The story is about Jamie (Jake Gyllenhael), a pharmaceutical rep (or med rep) who is a ladies man. He flirts with just about any woman, and is never serious with anyone. Until he meets Maggie (Anne Hathaway), a great girl who wouldn't fall for any of his lines. She wants things casual - just the way he wants it until he falls in love.

Ok, I'm giving away too much here. That's the plot, but the reviews are mixed. I personally loved how they went deep with Parkinson's and how it can affect someone's life and the people around you. I've never realized how much I'm taking my hands or my body for granted until I watched that movie. Watching it made me realize that a lot of people with Parkinson's are struggling with their lives!

I think this is a great movie albeit the nudity. It has too many nude scenes IMO.

3 gold stars for this little movie out of five!

xoxo