Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Skydreamer Dines in Dumaguete: Mamia





So about a week ago, hubby and I went home to Dumaguete to visit my mom and my little sister, Deejay. Going home for the weekend means this: Family, love, lots of talk and laughter, unlimited internet, new movies downloaded by DJ, and lots of FOOD! If there's one thing I can say -- it's the great, great food that keeps us coming back. The fact that my family is there doesn't hurt either. Haha! I'm not kidding when I tell you that I usually gain around 5 pounds (probably more) in just a couple days of stay there.

One of the restaurants my family loves is Mamia. If I'd compare them to Cebu establishments, I'd say it's a cross between Ila Puti, Kul Kitchen, Mooon Cafe, and Casa Verde. (That's food heaven for my hubby!)

We had dinner there Sunday night the weekend we were there. I was feeling a bit big already from having eaten a lot of food so I got their grilled chicken salad with vinaigrette. Now I'm no vinaigrette person because I don't diet. I love salads because they're healthy, but I love the dressings too. I don't care if they're fattening! So I ended up not sprinkling all of the dressing over my salad. Their salad was ok, but it did not do justice to the price. I could go eat somewhere else at a slightly higher price with a much, much, better salad than what they have!

My little sister loves Italian food, and almost everytime we eat out, she orders pasta. Unless there's pizza. (She thinks she should have been born Italian, but she looks Vietnamese anyway). Anywho, she ordered their version of carbonara, and it was great. It was definitely white pasta with a twist. You'd have to try it to understand what I'm trying to say.

Hubby ordered Southern fried chicken in some kind of flavored rice. I don't know how authentic Southern fried chicken tastes like, but I loved that dish! The chicken was cooked just right, and the gravy wasn't flat.

Mom had halo-halo. It's really mixed fruits in a big dessert bowl, shaved ice, some milk, and ice cream on top. Yum!

Mamia is located in Rizal Boulevard in Dumaguete. The food is great! If you're ever in Dumaguete, be sure to have dinner here. You won't regret it.

Here's a collage of the dishes we ordered:






2 comments:

  1. I love Mamia's! Too bad their old one was bought by the Lee's, and now they're turning it into a hotel. I hope they don't destroy the boulevard facade though.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts? :)